Ever since the widespread availability of Smartphones and tablets, mobile services are ever-present: The nearest restaurant can be sought out using a Smartphone, and then graded; cinema tickets can be booked while on the move and then you can use the community app to invite people you know who are in the area at the time to join you.
In the automotive context, however, the situation often turns out to be quite different: although modern infotainment systems offer the first steps towards online connection, the actual facilities are often restricted to simple services or the display of specifically tailored portal pages.
As the result of the many years of development cycles entailed in achieving today’s systems, automobile manufacturers are confronted with the challenge of how to make modern, flexible Smartphone concepts available in cars, whilst taking account of the particular aspects of the in-car context.
We can rely on over 10 years’ experience in the development and integration of mobile systems in cars, in order to leapfrog the conventional infotainment development model so as to make modern online service concepts, that offer scope for flexible expansion, available in-car.
In this context, we combine the most modern communications protocols and architectures with a flexible backend structure in order to create a forward-looking infrastructure so that new services can be introduced without having to modify equipment software in the vehicle.
Conversely, we pick up on the concepts and the requirements that spring from the automotive environment and apply them to the Smartphone with a view to being able to offer services that are optimised for in-car use. Online supported vehicle diagnostics services, e-call solutions and fleet management solutions are all examples of this.
We regard the Smartphone as an extension to the infotainment system, rather than regarding the car as a restrictive space for mobile applications.
Our range of services
We provide you with hand-holding and support in the development of car-compatible online services, ranging from the initial idea through to live operation:
- Complete solutions from integration in mobile terminals (infotainment systems, Smartphones) through server-supported backend systems to the incorporation of third-party provider systems,
- Development of B2B and B2C oriented mobile services,
- Design, conception, development and operation of scalable, expandable and reliable backend systems and portal solutions,
- Involvement of third-party content and service providers,
- Development of Smartphone applications suitable for automotive use,
- Integration of Smartphones into the automotive context (e.g. MirrorLink™, OBD-2),
- Design of user interfaces in line with currently accepted guidelines (ESoP, AAM, …)
- Evaluation, specification and development of telematics and communications protocols taking account of the specific requirements of automotive communications,
- Hosting, live operation, servicing and re-development of existing systems.
Preparation of a data mining backend system for automated analysis of mobile detected, card-based attributes for a 1st tier. In this context, Auronik takes on design, system and software architecture and implementation-specific tasks with particular reference to the modularisation and scalability of the whole system and the telematics and serial production technologies to be involved in the process.
Design and production of android applications in the automotive environment. Auronik is responsible for the entire project: from the inception of the system and software architecture through the operating concept and configuration of the user interface to the stage of implementation and validation.
Creation of android-based bug tracker application TicketCreator for mobile logging of error tickets. Using this application, tickets can be generated while a test run is still ongoing, and forwarded to the appropriate back-end systems (Jira, Bugzilla, …). Thanks to the automated logging of metadata such as present position, not only is it possible to reduce the administration workload (thanks to no longer having to log data in manually) but also the subsequent troubleshooting workload can be cut down.